Object Record
Images
Metadata
Object Name |
Document |
Date |
1837 |
Description |
This document records funds collected toward the construction of a new Richmond County Courthouse in Richmond, Staten Island. It is a handwritten document on a piece of off-white paper. Inscription at the top of the page: "Monies Borrowed for the new Court house." The document contains a list of dates, people, amounts, dates payable, and interest to be paid. Names include: C. Mundy, Abram or Abraham Cole, John Johnson, Sarah Wood, Robert Seguine, John M. Decker, Eleanor Totten, George Coyne, Abram or Abraham Egbert, H.B. Cropsey, Ann Prall, and Richard Conner, Jr. At the bottom of the page is a note from Richard Crocheron to Colonel Richard Conner regarding the amount of money to be raised. The lower edge of the page is torn off. (Keywords: New York, Historic Richmond Town, HRT, Third County Courthouse) |
Ownership and History |
This documents refers to the Third County Courthouse, which was built in 1837. The building now serves as Historic Richmond Town's Visitor Center. |
Earliest Date |
1837 |
Latest Date |
1837 |
Material |
Paper |
Subjects |
Courthouses County government |
Lexicon Sub-category |
Documentary Artifact |
Associated People |
Mundy, Crowel Conner, Richard 2nd Conner, Richard 3rd |
Catalog Number |
X18.0063 |
Support Acknowledgment |
Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, August 2019. |
Legal Status |
Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available. |
