Milk bottle, clear glass, cylindrical with tapering neck, Janssen's Milk, one quart size. Front of bottle has an embossed silhouette of a milk bottle crossed by script lettering on a diagonal: "Janssen's / Milk" with the words "ONE QUART LIQUID" below. Near the bottom on the front is an embossed mark: "K-9". Embosssed lettering on back: "JANSSEN / REGISTERED". Bottom has a large embossed letter "J".
(Keywords: Staten Island, New York, Twentieth Century)
|Ownership and History||Janssen Dairy was a New Jersey corporation that had a distribution station on Staten Island at 754 Manor Road from 1937. By 1962 Janssen had become a division of Foremost Dairies, Inc.|
|Maker||Knox Glass Bottle Company|
|Lexicon Sub-category||Merchandising T&E|
|Support Acknowledgment||Online Collections Database record made possible by the Efron family in memory of Dr. Meryl Efron, November 2014.|
|Legal Status||Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.|