Milk bottle, clear glass, rectangular with tapering neck, words and graphics in orange and blue, on front: "Weissglass / Salutes / 300 YEARS / of / PROGRESS" with a silhouette of Staten Island in a circle and the words "STATEN ISLAND N.Y. / TERCENTENNIAL / 1661 / 1961 / first / permanent / settlement" and on back: [inside a circular seal shape] "Weissglass / GOLD SEAL" and "Weissglass GOLD SEAL / DAIRY CORP / STATEN ISLAND, N.Y." Embossed numbers on bottom: 25 / 61".
(Keywords, Twentieth Century, New York)
|Ownership and History||The Weissglass Gold Seal Dairy Corporation operated a large milk processing and bottling plant on Forest Avenue in Mariners Harbor, Staten Island from 1933 until 1965.|
|Lexicon Sub-category||Merchandising T&E|
|Support Acknowledgment||Online Collections Database record made possible by the Efron family in memory of Dr. Meryl Efron, November 2014.|
|Legal Status||Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.|