Metal fireman's badge from Medora Hook & Ladder Company No. 3. Silver-colored metal badge in Maltese cross shape. Circular central medallion has raised image of a ladder truck and the letters "N.S. / F.D." (for North Shore Fire Department); upper and lower portions of the cross are inscribed "MEDORA / 3"; left portion of cross has raised hook and ladder image and right portion has a raised image of a hydrant. Reverse has a pin attachment. Badge measures 2.125 inches high x 2.125 inches wide.
(Keywords: Firefighter, NSFD, New York)
|Ownership and History||
Medora Hook & Ladder 3 was organized in 1868 in Port Richmond and relocated after 1870 to West New Brighton. It was considered part of the North Shore Fire Department from the formation of the department in 1874. The company's fire station later became the home of FDNY Ladder 79 (previously known as Hook and Ladder 104) and Battalion 22, at 1189 Castleton Avenue, West New Brighton, Staten Island.
|Lexicon Sub-category||Personal Symbol|
|Support Acknowledgment||Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, 2011.|
|Legal Status||Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.|