Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title [Lighthouse Restaurant before remodeling]
Object Name Print, Photographic
Date ca. 1930s
Collection Staten Island Geographic Collection
Description Original B&W print. Snapshot of a roadside scene in Richmond, Staten Island. View shows four horses standing in a row in front of the Lighthouse Restaurant, a building with a porch and columns; several men are seated and standing on the porch. Signs on the building include "LIGHTHOUSE / HOME / COOKING / RESTAURANT", "KODAK FILM", and "CIGARETTES". An automobile on Richmond Road and a structure known as the Treasure House are visible in the background.
(Keywords: Richmond Town, Richmond Road, New York, HRT)
Print size 2.5 x 3.375
Acquisition Gift of Eleanor Brennan
Ownership and History The Lighthouse Restaurant was located on Richmond Road, Staten Island. It was operated by Minnie and George Helt for many years.
Earliest Date 1928
Latest Date 1940
Subjects Restaurants
Horses
Lexicon Sub-category Documentary Artifact
Catalog Number 98.024.0001
Support Acknowledgment Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, May 2013.
Legal Status Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.