Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title [Town Bridge]
Object Name Print, Photographic
Date April 19, 1969
Collection Staten Island Geographic Collection
Description Original B&W print. View of the stone arch bridge over Richmond Creek at the foot of Richmond Hill Road in Richmond, Staten Island. St. Andrew's Church and cemetery are seen in the background at right. A man is walking along the road at right. Handwritten inscription on reverse: "4/19/69".
(Keywords: HRT, New York City, Twentieth Century)
Print size 3.325 x 4.25
Ownership and History This stone bridge, known as the Town Bridge, was built in 1845 and still stands today. It is the only remaining 19th-century stone arch bridge on Staten Island.
Earliest Date 1969
Latest Date 1969
Subjects Bridges
Lexicon Sub-category Documentary Artifact
Catalog Number PH01.1256
Support Acknowledgment Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, May 2016.
Legal Status Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.