Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title [Tavern on the Green]
Object Name Negative, Film
Photographer Flamm, Herbert A.
Date October 2, 1948
Collection Herbert A. Flamm Photograph Collection
Description Original B&W film negative. Diagonal front and side view of the Tavern on the Green Restaurant, located at 2566 Hylan Boulevard in New Dorp, Staten Island. The original negative sleeve has the photographer's handwritten inscription: "Tavern on the Green 10-2-48 / 2 ea 8x10."
(Keywords: New York City, Twentieth Century)
Film Size 8 x 10
Acquisition Gift of Herbert A. Flamm
Ownership and History Tavern on the Green was in existence from about 1938 to 1976. The building had previously been used as the tea room at Tysen Manor Golf Course. Prior to that, the land had been part of the Tysen family's farm.
Earliest Date 1948
Latest Date 1948
Subjects Food
Restaurants

Lexicon Sub-category Documentary Artifact
Catalog Number 79.022.2009
Support Acknowledgment Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, January 2017.
Legal Status Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.