Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Mr. Davis, in front of his museum
Object Name Negative, Glass-plate
Photographer Austen, E. Alice
Date June 15, 1892
Collection Alice Austen Photograph Collection
Description Original glass plate negative. Front view of a two-story wood frame house with a sign on the pediment above the door: "THIS HOUSE / AND THE COLLECTION / OF ANTIQUARIAN ARTICLES / HEREIN CONTAINED ARE THE PROPERTY / OF THE / CONCORD ANTIQUARIAN SOCIETY." To the left of the door stands a man with a small dog; furniture and artifacts are visible through the doorway. Two large trees to the left and right of the house hold a horizontal wooden pole at the roofline; a sign hangs from the pole: "ANTIQUARIAN / COLLECTION." The original negative sleeve has the photographer's handwritten inscription: "Seed / 26 / 497 / Mr Davis, in front of his museum / Fine clear day / P.L. Stop 22 / 1 P.M / 2 1 /2 secs / Wed. June 15th 1892 / Concord."
(Keywords: Massachusetts)
Film Size 6.5x8.5
Acquisition Museum Purchase
Ownership and History The Concord Antiquarian Society was founded in 1886. The collections of Cummings E. Davis formed the main portion of the Society's displays.
Earliest Date 1892
Latest Date 1892
Subjects Historical societies
Lexicon Sub-category Documentary Artifact
Catalog Number 50.015.6864
Support Acknowledgment Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, April 2017.
Legal Status Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.