|Title||[Guyon-Lake-Tysen House on its original site in Oakwood]|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Collection||Staten Island Geographic Collection|
B&W print. Diagonal front and side view of the Guyon-Lake-Tysen house on its original site on Tysen's Lane in Oakwood, Staten Island. The side of the house is mostly covered by ivy growing on the building. The house is surrounded by trees and shrubs.
(Keywords: HRT, New York City, Twentieth Century)
|Print size||3.5 x 5.750|
|Ownership and History||
This house is one of the few 18th-century gambrel-roof houses surviving on Staten Island today. It was built ca. 1740 by Joseph Guyon, a farmer of Huguenot descent, and it was situated in an area of large, fertile farm plots of substantial acreage. The Guyon-Lake-Tysen House is unusually large by 18th-century Staten Island standards and represents a substantial, prosperous way of life.
The house was moved to Historic Richmond Town in 1962.
|Lexicon Sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
|Support Acknowledgment||Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, April 2016.|
|Legal Status||Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.|