|Title||[New homes on Simonson Avenue]|
|Object Name||Negative, Film|
|Photographer||Flamm, Herbert A.|
|Date||July 8, 1949|
|Collection||Herbert A. Flamm Photograph Collection|
Original B&W film negative. View of a row of three newly-built bungalows on Simonson Avenue in Mariners Harbor, Staten Island. The house number "257" is visible on the door of the house at left, and "263" is on the door of the house in the center. A sign is posted in front of the house at left: "OPEN FOR / INSPECTION / DE PALMA CONCRETE CO. Builders / 259 SIMONSON AVE. / FRANK B. STERNER & CO. INC. Brokers / GIB. 2-6900".
(Keywords: New York City)
|Film Size||8 x 10|
|Acquisition||Gift of Herbert A. Flamm|
|Ownership and History||As of 2016, house number 263 Simonson Avenue (the center of the three houses) has been replaced by a newer house, but the houses on either side of it remain reasonably intact.|
Real estate development
|Lexicon Sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
Sterner, Frank B.
|Support Acknowledgment||Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, March 2016.|
Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.