|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Date||April 7, 1963|
|Collection||Richmondtown Restoration Photograph Collection|
Original B&W print. Diagonal front and side view of the Schwiebert House as seen from across Richmond Road in Richmond, Staten Island. In the distance at right are the Bennett House (then Al's General Store), Aquilino's Pizzeria, and one corner of the Edwards-Barton House. At far right is the Guyon Store/Tavern (then Eugene and Ida Puntillo's barber shop and residence).
(Keywords: HRT, New York City, Twentieth Century)
|Print size||7.5 x 9.625|
|Ownership and History||The Schwiebert House, which is now part of Historic Richmond Town, was built 1909-1910 as the home of John Frederick Schwiebert, his wife Anna, and their children. Mr. Schwiebert, who immigrated to the U.S. from Germany in 1881, was the owner of a carriage manufactory located next door to his home.|
|Lexicon Sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
Schwiebert, John F., Sr.
|Support Acknowledgment||Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, April 2016.|
|Legal Status||Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.|