|Title||[Edmund S. Crocheron House]|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Collection||Staten Island Geographic Collection|
Original B&W photograph on off-white cardboard mount. Front view of a 2-story clapboard house with a front porch; there is a 1-story addition at left. There is a low wooden retaining wall in front of the house, with stairs in the center; in front of the wall is a wood rail fence. There is a lamppost on the lawn near the wall. Handwritten inscription on reverse: "Crocheron house / On Arthur Kill Rd - Richmondtown- / Home of Edmund N. [sic] Crocheron / and his wife Lucretia Stephens". Additional inscription added in pencil: "west of Center St."
(Keywords: New York, HRT)
|Print size||6 x 8.375|
|Acquisition||Gift of Helen Crocheron Brown|
|Ownership and History||
This photo shows the Crocheron family home on Arthur Kill Road (then called Fresh Kills Road) in Richmond, Staten Island. The home was located a short distance south of the Dutch Reformed Church's Parsonage, which is now part of Historic Richmond Town. The household in the 1880 census was Edmund S. Crocheron and his wife Lucretia (Stephens) Crocheron, and children Edmund, Leah, and Stephen.
This photograph was donated to Staten Island Historical Society in 1951 by Helen Crocheron Brown, granddaughter of Edmund S. and Lucretia (Stephens) Crocheron.
|Lexicon Sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
Crocheron, Edmund S.
Crocheron, Lucretia (Stephens)
|Support Acknowledgment||Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, April 2016.|
|Legal Status||Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.|