Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title [Temple Emanu-El]
Object Name Print, Photographic
Photographer Steinrock, Charles M.
Date ca. 1908
Collection Staten Island Geographic Collection
Description Original B&W print on black cardboard mount. Front and side view of Temple Emanu-El on Post Avenue in Port Richmond, Staten Island. The building has steps leading to double entrance doors; two columns support a pediment with raised lettering: "TEMPLE EMANU-EL," with a raised image of two tablets above. The roof has a dome with a six-pointed star (Star of David) on top. The building has stained glass windows. There are houses at left, and in the background at right. Handwritten inscriptions on the reverse of the mount: "Temple Emanu-El / Port Richmond" and "Steinrock."
(Keywords: New York City, Early Twentieth Century)
Print size 6 x 7.375
Earliest Date 1907
Latest Date 1915
Subjects Synagogues
Lexicon Sub-category Documentary Artifact
Catalog Number PH01.1152
Support Acknowledgment Online Collections Database record made possible by the Great Kills Woman's Club, November 2017.
Legal Status Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.