|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Collection||Staten Island Geographic Collection|
Original B&W print. Diagonal front and side view of the Kruser-Finley House on its original site in Egbertville, Staten Island. The house has a white fence along the road; the road is lined with utility poles. A "GULF" sign and gas pump are visible in the distance. Handwritten inscription on reverse (probably the photographer's inscription): "1938 / Cooper's Cottage / on its orig site on Richmond Rd". Stamped in blue on reverse: "Anthony Lanza / PHOTOGRAPHER".
(Keywords: HRT, New York City, Twentieth Century)
|Print size||5 x 7|
|Ownership and History||
The Kruser-Finley House was built ca. 1790, with additions ca. 1820 and ca. 1840-1890. It was originally located in Egbertville, on the south side of Richmond Road (once known as Black Horse Road), east of Hitchcock Avenue. The house was moved to Historic Richmond Town in 1965.
|Lexicon Sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, April 2016.
|Legal Status||Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.|