Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title [St. George Clipper]
Object Name Negative, Film
Photographer Flamm, Herbert A.
Date December 14, 1949
Collection Herbert A. Flamm Photograph Collection
Description Original B&W film negative. Diagonal front exterior view of the St. George Clipper diner. The building adjoining it to the left has signs "Cocktail Lounge", "TELEVISION", and "FOUNTAIN SERVICE".
(Keywords: Twentieth Century, New York)
Film Size 8 x 10
Acquisition Gift of Herbert A. Flamm
Ownership and History The St. George Clipper was located at 40 Bay Street in St. George, Staten Island. It was in business from approximately 1941 to 1979.
Earliest Date 1949
Latest Date 1949
Subjects Restaurants
Food
Diners (Restaurants)
Lexicon Sub-category Documentary Artifact
Catalog Number 79.022.0059
Support Acknowledgment Online Collections Database record made possible by the Staten Island Historical Society, March 2014.
Legal Status Images and text in this database are copyrighted by the Staten Island Historical Society unless otherwise noted. Items represented here are from the collections of the Staten Island Historical Society. Materials reproduced for personal non-commercial use must credit the Staten Island Historical Society. Commercial licensing is available.